Removing test pilot from Thunderbird

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Thu Jun 20 13:08:32 UTC 2013

I believe it goes to the Metrics team, but I'm working fairly closely
with Gregg (the person responsible for TP2), and he would know better.
I don't believe there is anyone looking at it, but if someone wants to
step up, I'ld be more than happy to help get them access to the various
reports...

One thing about Test Pilot 2 is that it's being built not to log
everything on its own, but rather to let add-ons log whatever they want,
so if there are questions you were wondering about, all we would need to
do is write (and distribute) an add-on which gathers those numbers, and
then sit back and watch the responses.  The trickiest part I can think
of is making sure TP2 works with our copy of the addon-sdk...

Later,
Blake.

On 20-06-13 4:55 , Magnus Melin wrote:
> I might be wrong, but wouldn't that kind of information come from
> telemetry, and not test pilot?
>
> Anyone know where that data (and the test pilot data) go, and is there
> someone looking at it?
>
>  -Magnus
>
> On 20.06.2013 11:21, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>> I'm thinking about the following things that I have alwas wanted to
>> know :
>>
>>   * % of people using NNTP
>>   * % of imap account vs pop
>>   * % of users using RSS
>>   * # of accounts average
>>

>> Then we can get into more specifics , but having these fgures woul
>> help us cncentrate on what our suers use.

Blake Winton   UX Engineer
bwinton at mozilla.com