Fwd: Re: Google API Key

Unicorn.Consulting unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 09:14:20 UTC 2013

On 18/06/2013 11:15 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2013-06-18 9:39 AM, John Hopkins <jhopkins at mozilla.com> wrote:

>>> I don't know about Thunderbird,  but based on the fact that Google
>>> will be turning off the dav functionality as of the  16th September
>>> 2013 (that 2 months folks)  I think that the Lighnting Project will be
>>> needing to be doing something fairly quickly. Google calendar sync is
>>> quite important to Thunderbird users for some reason.
>>>
>>> Details
>>> https://developers.google.com/google-apps/calendar/caldav/v2/guide
>>>
>> Good news: I mentioned this to :fallen in #calendar and he replied that
>> the patch to use v2 just landed 2 days ago.
>
> Cool... but... will this make it into TB24 (the next ESR release)? For
> corporate users who rely on google calender sync, it would spell
> disaster (the last straw/end of using Thunderbird most likely).

I just installed the 17 June Lightning release.  I had updated the URL
in prefs.js using a previous version from com centra
<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/nightly/latest-comm-central/>l
and it had some sort of internal error.  The whole authentication
process was almost disconcerting with credentials being asked for by a
dialog that did not identify itself as belonging to any particular
application.

I will try and write a how to for the V2 process and include in in the
Lightning documentation in the knowledge base in the next few days. (for
approval closer to the change date)  Also of interest is that I got a
new  site,  a GUID with (Google CalDAV v2) in password manager with new
username of the GUID and a password that I have no idea what it is ( I
assume google created it as it is not a password in a format I have ever
used.  Looks a little like a Zindus authentication token)

One thing that might need fixing is this.

Matt