The gaia e-mail backend is now using Thunderbird's IMAP and SMTP fake-servers. Props to jcranmer!

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Jul 29 08:49:53 UTC 2013

On 25/07/13 02:05, Joshua Cranmer 🐧 wrote:
> As I'm not the sole author of the code, so I don't know to what extent
> it is legal to relicense with just my permission. The other people who
> share significant contributions to this code (according to) are David
> Lechner, Ben Bucksh, Mark Banner, Atul Jangra, David Bienvenu, and Phil
> Lacy. I don't have any problems relicensing myself, but you might to
> check with them as well.

You would need permission from the copyright holders of all
copyrightable contributions, which is somewhat ill-defined so it's best
to proxy it with "anyone who's contributed a patch" and deal with anyone
who says "No" on a case-by-case basis.

In the case of people working on Mozilla time, the copyright holder is MoFo.

Gaia test code doesn't need to be Apache 2.0 for any legal reason. As
the person who deals with licensing issues inside Mozilla, I would say
that unless a particular scenario comes up where a particular bit of
code-sharing you want to do is legally impossible, I would leave the
licensing as it is.

Gerv