The gaia e-mail backend is now using Thunderbird's IMAP and SMTP fake-servers. Props to jcranmer!

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Thu Jul 25 21:02:25 UTC 2013

On 07/24/2013 10:34 PM, David Lechner wrote:
> On 7/24/2013 8:57 PM, Andrew Sutherland wrote:
>> Definitely can't/wouldn't do it without their permissions.  If any of
>> the people on the list want to sign off on Apache 2 relicensing, feel
>> free to respond to this thread :)
> OK with me. Just curious what the need is for a change. Is Gaia using
> the Apache license or something?

Exactly.  Gaia is Apache 2.0 licensed:
https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/LICENCE

Not everything needs to be Apache 2.0 licensed, but it helps simplify
things and makes it easier for code to be reused.  In the case of the
fake servers which do not ship with the e-mail app, much of the
motivation would be that most node.js libraries are Apache 2.0 or MIT
licensed and that would maximize potential reuse, uptake, and
contributions from the community.

Andrew