Autoconfig specs

Christian Rößner cr at sys4.de
Fri Jul 5 13:53:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am writing the code for automx (http://www.automx.org/), which does implement an autoconfig service (written in Python). Currently it supports multiple servers.

As far as I know, Thunderbird doesn't support this, yet. I had included this support into automx, because the example snippets to the autoconfig specs did show a "Freemail" configuration that does list multiple protocols.

Also:

See: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Autoconfiguration:ConfigFileFormat
Section: Multiple servers

Now my question:

Will Thunderbird ever include multiple servers? If not, I would remove this support in automx, as it does make our code much more easier and cleaner.

Thanks in advance

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG