Lightning calendar reload

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Jan 24 11:01:50 UTC 2013

On 2013-01-23 7:38 PM, Ben Bucksch <ben.bucksch at beonex.com> wrote:
> On 23.01.2013 18:30, Kent James wrote:
>> a bug in Calendar or Provider for GCal ... I also use both, and seem
>> to frequently see TB go unresponsive for a few seconds.

> I've been using ICS calendars, and I've been seeing slow reloads even
> from disk (file: uris), interfering with UI. It's possible that there's
> a sync URL load in there somewhere, or just slow JS processing.
>
> Either way, that and the RAM consumption of Lightning made my
> Thunderbird entirely unusable, I was close to ditching TB. Luckily, I
> found the cause. It's fine since I split both into separate instances
> and profiles.
>
> This really needs some attention, normal users won't know that Lightning
> is at fault and will drop TB.

So... Ben, as a contributing dev, I'm hoping that you indeed pursued
this and opened appropriate bugs?

Lightning is absolutely critical to Thunderbirds success (imnsho), and
if someone like *you* almost dropped TB because of this, then hopefully
the core devs will take such a bug report from someone like you much
more seriously...