Lightning calendar reload (was: Revisiting the War on RDF, especially folder lookup)

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Jan 24 00:38:41 UTC 2013

On 23.01.2013 18:30, Kent James wrote:
> a bug in Calendar or Provider for GCal ... I also use both, and seem
> to frequently see TB go unresponsive for a few seconds.

I've been using ICS calendars, and I've been seeing slow reloads even
from disk (file: uris), interfering with UI. It's possible that there's
a sync URL load in there somewhere, or just slow JS processing.

Either way, that and the RAM consumption of Lightning made my
Thunderbird entirely unusable, I was close to ditching TB. Luckily, I
found the cause. It's fine since I split both into separate instances
and profiles.

This really needs some attention, normal users won't know that Lightning
is at fault and will drop TB.