ISPDB configs without STARTTLS and/or SSL

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Sat Jan 19 17:11:59 UTC 2013

On 19.01.2013 17:47, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> The remaining 50% are the long tail: ISPs and small servers with < 1%
> market share. These you do need to send to guess config (which I think
> catches a lot) or, failing that, manual config.

Correction: The long tail (which represents 50%) is 0.1% market share,
not 1%. The top 10 (10th largest) mail provider is already under < 1%
market share.

(This shows how decentralized the email servers are. Which for me is one
of the biggest features of email. The opposite is the Facebook model,
where all communication is controlled by a single entity, and the
downside is obvious, too.)

Ben