Autoconfig for aol.com and friends

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Wed Jan 16 19:14:23 UTC 2013

On 01/16/2013 02:05 PM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Thanks for the link. The code looks fishy anyway. It's setting
> config.type = 'imap+smtp';, but I don't see it checking for IMAP
> anywhere. There are a number of POP3 only configs in the ISPDB,
> because the ISP has no IMAP. From a superficial look, the code would
> suggest that you configure broken configs in these cases.

The explicit check for IMAP and against POP is not required because
getNode uses XPath queries so that "incoming" is a node with
@type='imap' or @type='activesync', so we only need to check for one to
conclude the other.  In that case, we'll just skip the autoconfig option
and keep going.  For the POP3-only case we'll end up telling the user
that we have no config and they'll have to try manual configuration.

Andrew