Autoconfig for aol.com and friends

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed Jan 16 01:57:32 UTC 2013

On 15.01.2013 09:08, Mark Banner wrote:
> I believe we generally shouldn't add unsupported set-ups without
> confirming with the particular provider - they might take the option
> away without notice.

FWIW, I've been adding all working setups. Most of the time, providers
only offer non-SSL setups, but SSL works fine, so we add that. Similarly
with other options.

If we add normal SSL as second configuration after STARTTLS, then
Thunderbird will ignore the second one, but Gaia can still select it.

That said, I strongly advise to implement STARTTLS in Gaia, because some
setups provide only STARTTLS, and most ISPs only support plaintext
passwords, so dropping to unencrypted would be most unfortunate.

Ben