Important bugs list, "The List", version 2

Joshua Cranmer pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:26:33 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2012 3:48 PM, Wayne Mery (d531) wrote:
> Just in time for the holidays...
>
> version 2 of The List: http://tinyurl.com/bvzc7nt     22 bugs
> version 2 with papercuts*: http://tinyurl.com/c59k55b 27 bugs

I've made a very simple webpage which I think captures some of the ideas
of The List better: <http://www.tjhsst.edu/~jcranmer/thelist.html>. Yay
for Bugzilla REST APIs and d3 toolkit magic. :-) The List is currently
hardcoded in the page, so adding/removing bugs to it is difficult. And
it probably needs some web UI love, but I spent all of an hour or two on
it (excluding data entry and proofreading) so meh.

Recalling the discussion at the summit, I divided the bugs on the list
into two categories: fixed and unfixed. The fixed category is sorted by
the last change (it really should be day fixed, but that is more painful
to get out of the REST API), while the unfixed category is sorted by the
date added, with the newest ones in both cases bubbling to the top. The
idea is to visually illustrate that some bugs are indeed making progress
and also to make it easier to see which ones are not making progress.

I'm willing to entertain feedback on this page. For now, I've been
avoiding fancy technical wizardry (the only interactive thing you can do
is click on a bug and go to its bugzilla page), and I've opted for very
low-density of information.

--
Joshua Cranmer
News submodule owner