Thunderbird Gandi .ME promo results

Jb Piacentino jb at mozilla.com
Thu Jan 10 17:31:14 UTC 2013

Ben,

Absolutely! I think Thunderbird needs more providers: we should add
more provided that:
- Adding a service provider does not imply code mods that break the
current release model.
- and we can have a business agreement, which in principles is
-- if they offer a free service and their quality of service is up to
what TB users can expect from a TB recommended service, we'll simply
ensure they are compliant with Mozilla policies.
-- if they have a commercial service and use TB as a distribution
channel, TB should be retributed appropriately, ie for example as a
percentage on their sales, in addition to Mozilla policies compliance.

Unfortunately, as you very well know since you helped me in the past on
this for German provider, this not so easy though... (and require a
little bit of BD work - which is fine with me I need to get involved)

Jb