Thunderbird Gandi .ME promo results

Vincent el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:48:20 UTC 2013

Thanks for sharing these interesting informations Anne-Marie! I am not sure
that we can hope significant income from these offers, but we never know...

I remember that a similar offer was announced with
Box.com<https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2012/10/updated-thunderbird-release-today/>.
Now that it seems closed, is there any results?

Last but not least, it seems to me that we completely forget to target the
Asia, Africa, and maybe also South America. Do we have any idea if there
are some partnership possible with some of there mail address or hosting
service provider ?

2013/1/7 Anne-Marie Bourcier <abourcier at mozilla.com>

> Hello,
>
> We are pleased to share some results of the promo that was available for
> Thunderbird users for Nov and Dec 2012 :
>
> Out of a little bit less than 30,000 requests for a free .ME email address
> (before anti-fraud process) 10,000 of the domain requests have been
> registered.
> 97% are individuals
> 93,5% subscribers are new customers
> Regional split: 25% France, 25% USA, 8% CN, 4% UK, 4% DE.....
>
> This promo is not generating any revenue for now, so the jury is out until
> next year, but this has been a good communication program for all the
> partners,
>
> AM
>

> --
> Anne Marie Bourcier