Changes to mozilla-central test automation

Jonathan Griffin jgriffin at mozilla.com
Tue Feb 26 20:28:13 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Mozilla's automation and tools team (the a-team) are working on some
changes to automation that lives in mozilla-central to make it more
maintainable.  See
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozilla.dev.platform/l-UgpADjC30
for a more thorough description of what we're doing.

One of our first tasks involves changes to automation.py.in, so this is
a heads up to the Thunderbird community in case any Thunderbird
automation relies on that file.  As far as I can tell, it doesn't, but I
could be wrong.

We will soon be changing that file to depend on mozbase packages
(https://github.com/mozilla/mozbase/), so if any your automation uses
that file, it would need to be changed to provide access to those packages.

We will make additional posts to mozilla.dev.platform about this topic
as needed; do members of the Thunderbird community who are involved in
Thunderbird test automation monitor that newsgroup?

If you have any questions, please pop into #ateam and ask jgriffin,
jhammel, or ahal.

Jonathan