Google summer of code

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Feb 14 10:04:30 UTC 2013

On 13/02/13 15:58, Atul jangra wrote:
> Just pinging to ask if previous students can apply again or not?
> I know technically they can, but what is Mozilla's behavior with
> previous students generally? Are they preferred? I've seen different
> views on such issues with different organizations.

Previous students may apply again if they still qualify. The fact that
they are previous students /in itself/ is neither an advantage not a
disadvantage; however, reports of previous projects or endorsements from
previous mentors can bolster an application (or hinder it, depending on
what is said!). And, as Mike says, they will have codebase experience
which can help.

Gerv