Address book developments

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Wed Feb 13 11:34:08 UTC 2013

On Wed Feb 13 11:24:22 2013, acelists at atlas.sk wrote:
>> Od: "Mark Banner" <mbanner at mozilla.com>
>> Komu: "tb-planning at mozilla.org" <tb-planning at mozilla.org>
>> Dátum: 13.02.2013 11:45
>> Predmet: Re: Address book developments
>>
>> On 11/02/2013 10:19, acelists at atlas.sk wrote:
>>> 2) on that page, can you provide some hints to other developers on the state of the /mail*/*/addressbook/* files? Will all those files go away and we should no longer put any effort into updating them (e.g. nsISupportsArray removal, JS updates (for..of, string manipulations)). Or will they just get slightly modified when the new AB lands?
>> Things like nsISupportsArray removals, should go on regardless - because
>> of the m-c dependency. For example, we don't yet know when m-c will be
>> ready to fully remove nsISupportsArray, but given the current focus, I
>> think we can bet on it happening as soon as the person working on it can
>> get reviews and everything landed.
>
> I couldn't find any focus on nsISupportsArray removal from m-c.
> Where is the bug with patches you talk about? I couldn't find anything relevant from the meta bug 792209.

That would probably be the right bug, but it could be the folks working
on it haven't found/started using it yet... but the fact that the
nsITreeView bug is being worked on and there's been a bunch of other
bugs that have been closed by the same person within the last couple of
months
(https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=5674670;short_desc=nsISupportsArray;resolution=FIXED;chfieldto=Now;chfield=resolution;query_format=advanced;chfieldfrom=-2m;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr),
indicates to me that someone is working on it ;-)

Mark