Sieve support ?

Alan Lord (Gmail) alanslists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 17:03:51 UTC 2013

On 29/12/13 16:58, Axel Grude (Axel) wrote:
> HI Alan,
>
> this is very cool indeed.
>
> Sort of a filter scripting language that works server side? (As author
> of quickFilters) I am amazed at the amount of users this has, as it
> seems to be very techie.
>
> Do I need a special IMAP server for this or would this also work on
> gmail IMAP (for instance)?

Not sure about server support to be honest - we use Zentyal as our mail
server (Postfix/Dovecot IIRC) and sieve just works with the extension.

It's a little bit "techie" to set up but the sieve language itself is
fairly simple and once you've written one filter, it's just a cut&paste
job to create more...

Cheers

Al