Integrating HeaderToolsLite into Thunderbird

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Dec 10 15:27:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-09 11:50 PM, Ben Bucksch <ben.bucksch at beonex.com> wrote:
> All I tried to do was to be encouraging and get contributors into
> Thunderbird. The thread turned into the exact opposite now, and I regret
> that, and so I'll refrain from posting further.

I for one welcome the idea of encouraging more contributors &
contributions, especially with respect to extension authors, and getting
certain features into the core functionality - for example, I'd love to
get the CompactHeader feature restored (why that was removed I'll never
understand)...

My only comment about this particular feature (the ability to actually
*modify* an email in a mail store) is, in my opinion, if this is done, a
new header should always be added decumenting the change (including
explicitly stating the old and new values), ie: