Integrating HeaderToolsLite into Thunderbird

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 02:36:05 UTC 2013

Ben,

On 12/9/2013 9:27 PM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Patrick Cloke wrote, On 09.12.2013 16:53:
>> would not benefit a huge amount of our users
>
> First, even while you may not, many people use fax->email services.
> But even if you do not:
I've never heard of this and frankly don't understand what that has to
do with this conversation. Can you please elaborate instead of just
assuming people might understand the context in what you're saying, thanks.

> Did it ever happen to you that somebody else sent you important
> information by replying to a totally unrelated email? And then, 1 week
> later, you had problems to find it, because you communicate a lot with
> that person, and you end up opening 10 emails until you find the one
> with the information?
This very rarely happens to me, I keep very few emails in my inbox
anyway. If it's information I need, it's unread or I use searches. Maybe
it's just a different work flow.

> Happens to me regularly. Instead of getting upset at that person, I'd
> rather just fix it in my mail store.
I'd rather keep my email as testimony to what I actually received.

> My inbox is mine. I'd like to organize it like I want, not like the
> sender happened to throw it out.
I'm still not totally convinced. Regardless I feel like this needs a UI
decision, from whoever is currently in charge of our UX.

--Patrick