Donation link: next step

David Ascher da at mozilla.com
Fri Dec 6 19:11:19 UTC 2013

In case people thought we hadn't been down this path before:

- french govt is complex
- part of the value proposition of TB for them is cost — asking for money is a tricky sales pitch
- govts don't “give” money.  They buy stuff, or they issue contracts in response to RFPs which they define in a competitive marketplace.
- legal status of the recipient of the € matters, including its jurisdiction.

My advice if looking for donations is to look at non-governmental sources, where disbursement processes are lighter weight.

cheers,

-da