Donation Link: Formal Proposal

JoeS joesab2005 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 04:05:55 UTC 2013

I really think we must get into "self protection" mode

    "Compensation to Mozilla for Infrastructure and Support

    A portion of the collected funds could be used to offset some of the
    subsidy that Mozilla currently gives indirectly to Thunderbird by
    providing build, release, and tracking infrastructure."

It might be way down the road that we could do any payback.

We need to reconnect with the user base.
The problem is a lack of confidence in the future of TB, by that base.

I know we can't fix every whim of the community, but we should show the
effort.

Get that confidence back (with bug fixes, not necessarily feature), and
we will get all the donations that we need.