Next major of Thunderbird [24] is about to reach beta

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) vseerror at Lehigh.EDU
Sat Aug 31 20:30:44 UTC 2013

On 8/15/2013 4:35 PM, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> On 15/08/13 18:08, Bill Wilson wrote:
>> On 07/08/2013 10:31, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> Thunderbird 24 is about to be released in beta (I'll send another email
>>> when it does). This means that version 17 and 17 esr will reach EOL
>>> soon.  For our beta users , if you aren't using trunk or aurora , I
>>> think It's time to switch to Thunderbird beta right now and use over the
>>> next few weeks as your main email client (so we can get useful feedback).
>>>
>>> If you work in an IT department - time to have a few selected user try
>>> that version and give us fedback (bugs etc), and test all the extensions
>>> you deploy.
>>>
>>> Thunderbird beta can be downloaded at
>>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all-beta.html  , it's currently
>>> version 23, but you'll get updated to 24 as soon as it's out.
>>>
>>> Ludo for the quality team.
>>>

>> Ok that's nice. So where is it??
>> Bonfire_bill
> It's just out now. Consider using it. we really need more users on Beta.
> And Beta is quite safe !
>
> Ludo

Testing of beta 1 is completed and by all accounts is quite solid.

If you haven't tried version 24 beta yet, NOW is a good time to download
it from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all-beta.html and give
it a good kick, especially with addons.  Available in all locales.