Fwd: Filelink for Large Attachments - Alternative Filelink provider

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at thregr.org
Fri Aug 9 10:23:27 UTC 2013

On 08/09/2013 09:00 AM, Andreas Wagner wrote:
> Not that that would make it any better, but to put it right, as of today
> this add-on has been waiting for one month for review, not two.
>
> Verson 0.11 was uploaded July 9th to AMO.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/dl-for-thunderbird/versions/
>
> I had a look at the source code and I couldn't find any obvious no-gos,
> but I have no expertise in writing a file link provider, so I don't know
> any specific pitfalls.

I would like to add that I had a couple of ideas on how to improve the
"Filelink" API while I was writing this extension (and also as an user).

If some of you could direct me to an interested Thunderbird developer I
would gladly share my ideas and quirks I had during the development (I
don't have enough time to participate actively in another project, so I
never tried to discuss in the official mailing lists).

> Jorge, is it ok to approve it (after I tested it) like that, or do you
> know someone with expertise who would be willing to review this?

I believe, after looking at the DropBox/YouSendIt/Box (and other random
ones on github) filelink providers in the beginning, this is one of the
cleanliest/simplest implementations, talling at ~300 lines and still
implementing all the required functionalities (I really wished I had
something like this before I started to write).