Collating Release Note information for TB 24

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Wed Aug 7 19:08:23 UTC 2013

On 07/08/2013 19:16, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> On 07/08/13 20:12, Mark Banner wrote:
>> On 07/08/2013 13:11, Vincent wrote:
>>> Since TB24 will be there in a few weeks, it is time to think to what
>>> need to be presented to our users and to the press.
>>>
>>> Is there anyone here that as a good idea of the most important changes
>>> since TB17? Could we start a draft somewhere about these majors changes?
>> The best place to start would be to collate everything that's in the
>> beta release notes for the 18 - 24 releases, e.g.
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/18.0beta/releasenotes/
>> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/18.0beta/whatsnew/
>>
>> If someone wants to volunteer to collate that information, I think the
>> best way to do it would be to file a bug, and to take the TB 17 release
>> notes & whats new pages, and to update them with the changes. If this
>> could be done as a patch to the current pages in svn, that'd be a great
>> bonus, and we can look at getting them out to localisers sooner.
>>
>> Mark.
>>
> Also working corrabolariatvely on a etherpad might help

That's true, however, for the release notes page most of the information
is already in the html files, and it'll be much easier to just copy and
paste into one new one, than post-edit reconstruct the html.

For the what's new page, that is a different stlye, so it may be worth
working that out in an etherpad.

Mark.