Place to make a separate Thunderbird Summit

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri Apr 5 02:09:58 UTC 2013

Mark Banner wrote, On 04.04.2013 21:41:
> how much we can provide from our engagement fund and see how that
> affects things. I've already sent the email to start finding out.

Thanks!

> Depending how much we have may influence the time and location.

I think this is a good location either way, independent of amount of
money. (Unless you want 4-star or higher :) .)

> I'd like to get peoples thoughts on the aims of an event.

For me, it would be:
1. Exchange of ideas, inspiration, motivations, plans
2. Hacking together, for fun and benefit
3. Concrete discussions some people might want to have

> For me, we have the opportunity of doing things around the Mozilla summit

To clarify: This proposal is not to replace a gathering around the
Mozilla summit. It is to amend. The Mozilla Summit is geographically
distributed, and also later in the year. I think it is good to convene
more than once per year.

Ben