Place to make a separate Thunderbird Summit

Andrew Sutherland asutherland at asutherland.org
Thu Apr 4 21:08:22 UTC 2013

On 04/04/2013 09:58 AM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> I've just had a discussion with the head of LinuxHotel, a training
> institute around open source, with an attached hotel, 14 rooms. He
> deeply believes in open source.

Wow, that's a very nice looking venue and a generous offer on your part!

Given how little time I have to spend on Thunderbird, I don't think
there would be much planning benefit for me to attend such a gathering.
A hackathon makes more sense, but even as someone on the East Coast of
the US, that's still a lot of travel for me for a relatively short
hackathon.  (Especially since I'd likely end up hacking on gloda, which
could find me hacking on my own.)

Like others, my personal preference would be to try and see if we can
route all the Thunderbird-interested people to the same physical site
and tack on an extra day before the summit proper.  Right now, I think
Thunderbird expertise is centrally located in Toronto. Assuming the
residents of the Toronto office are going to be kept in Toronto with
minimal shuffling to other sites, that might be the ideal location.
(And I'm assuming hotel costs are cheaper there, so perhaps the
Thunderbird budget or the general Mozilla budget could cover it without
trouble.)

Andrew