Place to make a separate Thunderbird Summit

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Apr 4 13:58:51 UTC 2013

Hey,

I've just had a discussion with the head of LinuxHotel, a training
institute around open source, with an attached hotel, 14 rooms. He
deeply believes in open source.

This is why he offers the hotel and rooms at the weekends for a very
cheap price. This is a special offer for open source projects, to gather
together and discuss or hack together.

This offer includes: several meeting rooms, each for about 10 people, 14
hotel rooms for 1-2 persons, breakfast, and unlimited softdrinks all
day. Lunch can be booked, too. The price is 25 EUR/person and day, plus
10 EUR for lunch.

If you guys would cover your own travel expenses (esp. flight), I would
personally cover the room costs. This is in Essen, Germany, and close
airports are Düsseldorf and Dortmund.

I think this is an excellent opportunity to hack and plan together.
What do you think? Who (of the core developers) is on board?

Once we have the list of persons, we can arrange a date with the hotel
(it's obviously not always free).

Ben