Thunderbird Summit?

Atul jangra atuljangra66 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 17:36:39 UTC 2013

I would like the TB Summit to take place before Mozilla Summit. That ways
we can weigh our thoughts and future plans before Mozilla Summit and we can
present our "view" of Thunderbird and Mozilla Summit. If we present ourself
pretty strong in Mozilla Summit, then we can hope for better results in
terms of future.
Regards

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:19 AM, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com>wrote:

> I think Mozilla Summit gives us a great opportunity to piggyback and have
> a Thunderbird Summit.
>
> I was working with Anne-marie to help with social media and marketing for
> Thunderbird and I think this would be an excellent opportunity to plan the
> future of Thunderbird marketing and advocacy.
>
> On Apr 1, 2013 12:41 PM, "Kent James" <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
> >
> > I just got a message from Mozilla that asked for my availability for a
> summit, with the summit this year in October to take place in three
> different cities. They need an urgent reply by April 10 (which seems a
> little early to me, but what the heck).
> >
> > That urgent reply sort of forces the Thunderbird team to consider their
> own plans for a summit. A few months back, it was mentioned that whatever
> income Thunderbird generates would be used for engagement, and a summit is
> a typical use of engagement funds. The expected income for a year was of
> the order of many tens of thousands of dollars, which should be enough to
> fund a summit.
> >
> > My own opinion is that we badly need a summit, and that ideally it would
> be concurrent with one of the general Mozilla summits.
> >
> > So are there powers-that-be that are thinking about this, or does this
> need to be pushed by us non-powers-that-be?
> >
> > :rkent

Atul Jangra
Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology ,Delhi