Thunderbird Summit?

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 1 20:49:38 UTC 2013

I think Mozilla Summit gives us a great opportunity to piggyback and have a
Thunderbird Summit.

I was working with Anne-marie to help with social media and marketing for
Thunderbird and I think this would be an excellent opportunity to plan the
future of Thunderbird marketing and advocacy.

On Apr 1, 2013 12:41 PM, "Kent James" <kent at caspia.com> wrote:

> I just got a message from Mozilla that asked for my availability for a
summit, with the summit this year in October to take place in three
different cities. They need an urgent reply by April 10 (which seems a
little early to me, but what the heck).

> That urgent reply sort of forces the Thunderbird team to consider their
own plans for a summit. A few months back, it was mentioned that whatever
income Thunderbird generates would be used for engagement, and a summit is
a typical use of engagement funds. The expected income for a year was of
the order of many tens of thousands of dollars, which should be enough to
fund a summit.

> My own opinion is that we badly need a summit, and that ideally it would
be concurrent with one of the general Mozilla summits.

> So are there powers-that-be that are thinking about this, or does this
need to be pushed by us non-powers-that-be?