Offtopic: TB possiblities

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Tue Apr 2 06:12:56 UTC 2013

On 1.4.2013 20:05, Mihovil Stanić wrote:
> Right now Thunderbird locks attachments so when you open it they are read
> only (Excel files for example).
FWIW, outlook does this too, unless it's an office file (try e.g. a txt file).
> I'm interested in unlocking those file so they can be edited and saved back
> to original email, Outlook style.
> 1. Is this enhancement possible with addon or you need to dig into TB code?
> 2. How complex would something like that be?

I doubt it's possible to implement at all for the general case, where you
don't control all the applications involved.
If you don't care about multiple computers and such you could hack around it
by detaching the file to edit, make it readable and then open it for editing.

   -Magnus