Heads up: Gaia is now using TB's autoconfig DB

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 23:06:56 UTC 2012

Hey all,

As of a few minutes ago, the Gaia email app now supports automatic
configuration of email accounts using roughly the same process as
Thunderbird. This means we'll be hitting the MoMo DB when people create
accounts, although we plan to ship with local copies of some of the most
popular services (assuming we expect them to be stable). I just wanted
to let everyone know what's going on so that there's no confusion.

Many thanks to Ben Bucksh and the other people responsible for
implementing the original Thunderbird version!

- Jim