Proposal for Thunderbird crowdfunding

David Ascher dascher at mozilla.com
Mon Sep 24 23:45:10 UTC 2012

+1 to Kent for pushing on this topic.

as a possibly useful framework for thinking about business models in a way that doesn't get stuck at the level of bookkeeping, I'd like to plug the Business Model Canvas -- it's a fairly simple model that is understandable by non-business folks, in my experience.

I encourage people to read the book (http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com/book), or missing that, go through the preview (available at the same URL), or failing that, just watch the 2m video: http://www.businessmodelgeneration.com/canvas

I don't yet know what business models could work for Thunderbird, not for lack of trying.  But I think we should keep exploring, pushing, discussing, how to make Thunderbird sustainable.

--david