Important bugs list

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Mon Sep 24 06:47:48 UTC 2012

On 9/23/2012 9:46 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> Since normal is the default, and given that severity has in the past
> been indicated to people as being effectively meaningless, I think
> excluding normal bugs from consideration is the wrong thing to do in
> the long term, although I appreciate that you did it for your own sanity.
One way to get the severity field set reliably is to actually start
using it for something like deciding when to put bugs on The List.

 From my perspective, one of the most important things we are trying to
do here is to empower the QA people to see that their work actually
affects what bugs get attention. That is more important than deciding
which of many candidate bugs is exactly the right bug for The List.

Another thing that I would like to be able to see is some sort of
metrics about the QA/bug fixing process wrt The List. So we should be
able to measure eventually the mean time to fix of a bug that is put on
The List.

:rkent