Fwd: TB Summary of release discussion

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Sep 18 09:19:02 UTC 2012

On 18/09/12 09:00, Mark Banner wrote:
> On 11/09/2012 23:13, Kent James wrote:
>> Option B: We do 2 releases per ESR cycle. (This is the level of
>> release that Mozilla commits to providing staff support for).
>> Assuming though that we choose B) and allow intermediate releases, a
>> number of additional issues come up:
>>
>> 2) What Gecko repository do we use for intermediate feature releases?

At yesterday's MoCo meeting, it was suggested that B2G are going to need
to do releases faster than ESR but slower than rapid release. It _could_
be that this will result in longer-lived maintained Gecko branches that
we could use.

Of course, it could be that those branches carry too many B2G-specific
hacks for us to use. Just an idea...

Gerv