Philosophy of minimal disturbance of existing users

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Sep 17 10:00:24 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-14 3:13 PM, Axel <axel.grude at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I believe for a beginner the discoverability of features is even more
> important than presenting a "clean" user interface. Likewise, for most
> of the experienced users this will present itself like a regression.

I agree, but this could easily be handled through a better use of the
wiki and the support forums.

Have a main page that focuses on 'New Features' (broken down by
version), where the developers of the new Features can upload
short/simple video tutorials outlining the purpose of the new feature(s)
and how to best implement/leverage them.

End users can then simply be given links to these pages whenever
questions come up about said features, and evangelists could post links
on the support sites they frequent whenever the opportunity presents itself.