Philosophy of minimal disturbance of existing users

JoeS joesab2005 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:54:05 UTC 2012

On 9/16/2012 8:23, Axel wrote:
>> Personally I am sick of hearing about how one line is going to give
>> more space, particularly in planning where I have about 12 lines of
>> header making reading space in the preview window almost impossible.
>> I am sorry, but I would see making the mail header collapsible as a
>> far more useful activity.
> How about Integrating Compact Header? I am all for that, it is always
> the first thing I install on any new Tb instance. Could we reach out
> to the author?
WOW !
I guess we are actually in the new era of really listening to the user
base. :-)
I haven't even seen any comments about "Negative Energy" here.
Herb (compact header author) responded on MZ to the reaction after the
new message reader UI was introduced.
I jotted down the current downloads for compact Header just the other day:
2,067,834 and that is just the current version, I think.
Those numbers should speak for themselves.  I don't see how anyone could
object to integrating compact header.
Just don't use it, if you don't want it.
So, for the next "Era" of TB, I propose "The Era of Action" on users
desires.

--
JoeS