TB 17.0a2 -- UI consistency

gneandr at web.de gneandr at web.de
Sat Sep 15 23:31:54 UTC 2012

Starting with Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0
Thunderbird/17.0a2 (en-US)
I recognized some UI changes. Don't want to start another discussion
about the philosophy of that change, but I expected with this "massive"
UI change we get a "cleaned" menu structure. It's about getting the
exactly same menu at different places .. if it's necessary to offer a
functionality at different places.

Fe. look at the different occurrences of the "Print" menu:
1. on the 3pane message list -- you have "Print Preview" and "Print .."
2. on the message in a tab -- you have "Print Preview" and "Print .."
3. on the message in a tab with the pull down menu -- you have [Other
Actions] --> "Print .."
ad 3. NO Print Preview

Is there an intension to overhaul those inconsistencies with the next
major release? So should we have a look at it with the upcoming QA section?

Günter