Summary of TB QA Meeting at Mozcamp

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Tue Sep 11 20:28:13 UTC 2012

On 9/11/2012 12:41 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> On 9/11/2012 1:47 PM, Mike Conley wrote:
>> *Action items*
>>
>>  1. Get a list of people watching each TB component, and make sure
>>     we've got somebody with eyes on each one.
>>  2. We're going to tackle the Papercuts list (10 bugs) to prove that
>>     we can deal with a list.
>>  3. rkent(?) is going to send out a weekly status report on the
>>     Papercuts list, and what needs fixing, on what got fixed.
>>
> I was under the impression that the weekly status report on The List
> was going to be managed by QA / Support. It's also not clear who will
> be receiving the status report on The List.

Going forward, there is not going to be enough (paid) QA/support around
to maintain The List. Looking backward, I don't think that QA/Support
has felt sufficiently empowered to regularly bug developers to work on
specific papercut issues.

A "developer lead" need to advocate for getting things on the list
fixed. A "QA/support" lead needs to advocate to add things to the list.
Since we agreed at the meeting that the issue in the past has been
getting things fixed, I have volunteered (post TB-17) to serve as the
"developer lead" in this narrow case to advocate for getting things fixed.

rkent