Summary of TB QA Meeting at Mozcamp

Joshua Cranmer pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:41:22 UTC 2012

On 9/11/2012 1:47 PM, Mike Conley wrote:
> All,
>
> I took minutes during the TB QA meeting at MozCamp.
>
> Minutes can be found here starting on line 18:
>
> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/tb-qa <https://etherpad.mozilla.org/tb-qa>
>
> Here's a summary:
>
> *Summary*
>
>   * The rapid release has really changed the way we do testing.
>     Community involvement has dropped off.
>
>   * Ludo has no chance of watching all of Bugzilla, and sometimes
>     somebody comes in with a patch, and we don't see it because they
>     don't set the right flags, and then it gets bitrotted and we lose
>     a potential contributor.

One of the more recent bmo changes allowed more people to access
whines... if we can construct a query for all new patches without
reviewers (given Bugzilla, this might not be possible), it should be
simple enough just to have someone get whined for this sort of stuff.

> *Action items*
>
>  1. Get a list of people watching each TB component, and make sure
>     we've got somebody with eyes on each one.
>  2. We're going to tackle the Papercuts list (10 bugs) to prove that
>     we can deal with a list.
>  3. rkent(?) is going to send out a weekly status report on the
>     Papercuts list, and what needs fixing, on what got fixed.

I was under the impression that the weekly status report on The List was
going to be managed by QA / Support. It's also not clear who will be
receiving the status report on The List.

--
Joshua Cranmer
News submodule owner