Data Loss resulting from Compacting

Vincent el.cameleon.1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 05:42:54 UTC 2012

2012/9/8 Unicorn.Consulting <unicorn.consulting at gmail.com>

>  The only common links appear to be AVG anti virus,  while not reported
> in every case it appears in a very significant number,

I would add that the fact that 34 on the 37 users who filled the survey are
using a POP account...

Full results are available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet<%20https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag-5UnM2oAFTdGVUM252RllQNjB1aWxJM09PalA5Qnc#gid=0>

On Geckozone, I see in average 2 or 3 users reporting this issue per week,
which is very hight on our forums... Recent threads:
31/08/2012 -dossier courrier entrant vidé par
compacter<http://www.geckozone.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107819&p=704081#p703678>
03/09/2012 - Perte de messages suite à compactage compte
POP+AVG<http://www.geckozone.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107911>
05/09/2012 - Disparition courrier entrant
[compactage+AVG]<http://www.geckozone.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=107964>

This is problem number one for Thunderbird, from my supporter point of view.

--
Vincent (caméléon)