Going forward with Quality

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Thu Sep 6 15:43:30 UTC 2012

On 02/09/12 17:17, Ludovic Hirlimann wrote:
> lack of precise information). While I've been trying over the last few
> years to grow the number of contributors in bugzilla - I've never
> managed to have it grow. People come , stay and leave except a few
> exceptions.  So if you have ideas on how we could manage to grow the
> number of people caring with bugzilla  please chime in.

Without evidence, I suggest that one reason that people leave is that
the "problem" of dealing with Bugzilla seems too big for any one person
to make an appreciable dent in it. The return of the QA contact field to
its original use, which brings with it that ability to give someone
formal QA control of a component, might help a lot here. If someone is
told "this component, which you care about, is your responsibility",
they have a more manageable problem to deal with, and can make a
noticeable difference.

Gerv