Governance and Release Model updates

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Oct 24 08:54:51 UTC 2012

On 23/10/12 18:53, Mark Banner wrote:
> Therefore, please provide comments as soon as possible. To aid our
> effort in completing this, if there are parts you are not sure about, it
> would really help to have counter-proposals/suggested wordings.

This seems generally excellent as a place to start. I'm sure, like the
rest of the project, arrangements will change over time as circumstances
change.

A few nits:

"product externalities" - what are these? Is this stuff like FileLink
etc.? If so, it might be worth defining.

"engagement purposes" - does that mean "getting people to use
Thunderbird"? If so, why does money from product externalities need to
be restricted in such a limited way?

"Money generated by  donations is to be used for engagement or other
purposes. Donations  are for general purposes."

-> These two sentences say the same thing.

"The module owners group at large decides by consensus money spending
community propositions."

-> This could do with a little clarification of the English. Are the TB
module owners going to have their own mailing list for this sort of
discussion?

Gerv