list of TB contributors and governance

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Oct 24 08:10:27 UTC 2012

On 23/10/12 18:25, Axel wrote:
>> Note that we traditionally didn't even have an actual module structure
>> for non-code stuff like marketing, as those might be better organized
>> in a different way, e.g. by the bodies caring about shipping products.
 >
> that is exactly what Kent and me were trying to say; the module system
> does not necessarily cover things like Marketing, overall product
> design, monetization and the roadmap for the future.

OK. So, while the "Module" name might start to be a bit inaccurate, the
Mozilla module owner system is basically a way of saying who is
responsible for stuff. There already exist a number of non-code 'modules':

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Activities

There's no reason why there shouldn't be many more. If we want to put
peole in charge of marketing or design, it doesn't require an entirely
new governance system to achieve that.

Gerv