Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 5 14:15:36 UTC 2012

On 05-10-12 1:58 , Magnus Melin wrote:
> On 4.10.2012 22:19, Kent James wrote:
>> I'm guessing that you mean (and fear) that the pot would be used to
>> add more
>> allocated time to people like irving, standard8, ludo, roland,
>> mconley, and
>> others who work for Mozilla and will have limited time available in
>> the future
>> for Thunderbird. Is that right?
> I wouldn't have much problem with that, but again i don't see it
> happening (for political reasons). There's been repeated statements
> about money not being the the issue causing the reorg.
I also doubt that the pot would be used to take time away from the other
projects people are working on.  But I think (if there were enough
money) we could probably use it to hire some contractors for piecemeal work.

But I also completely agree with JB.  We need to first figure out what
we would use the money for, and then how much money we'll need to do
those things, and then how we want to raise that money.

Later,
Blake.

--
Blake Winton   UX Engineer