Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 5 14:07:07 UTC 2012

On 05-10-12 4:43 , Axel wrote:
>>> Od: "Magnus Melin"<mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi>

>>> Exactly!
>>>
>>>   -Magnus
>> Then the money should be collected outside of Mozilla and then we can do anything with it and Mozilla can't interfere :)
> Kent and me discussed this approach briefly with Mitchel on MozCamp,
> but it is tricky... My personal feeling is that Tb needs an "Outside"
> business leader in order to bring it forward.
I would certainly agree with this.
> In my personal opinion, with the stated mission (Focus on Fx OS),
> having somebody from Mozilla Internal leading it is not in
> Thunderbird's best interest.
This also seems to follow logically.  (Although, I would modify it to
say that someone from Mozilla Corporation could lead it, if they were
doing it as an unpaid contributor.)
> At the moment it feels like we are just in "waiting" mode...
I think we can stop waiting, and start discussing things whenever you're
ready.  ;)
(More seriously, I think this discussion is moving things forward, and
I'm glad to see it happening.)

Thanks,
Blake.

--