Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"

acelists at atlas.sk acelists at atlas.sk
Fri Oct 5 08:56:03 UTC 2012

> Od: "Gervase Markham" <gerv at mozilla.org>
> Komu: Kent James <kent at caspia.com>
> Dátum: 05.10.2012 10:38
> Predmet: Re: Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"
>
>On 04/10/12 22:18, Kent James wrote:
>> On 10/4/2012 1:36 PM, Axel wrote:
>>> As long as management is not sorted out, I think it is rather
>>> pointless talking about distributing moneys...
>>
>> But I think that Mozilla's position is that the management has been
>> sorted out, and the management team is the list of mostly current or ex
>> Mozilla staff people that are the Thunderbird module owners who I listed
>> earlier.
>
>It depends what you mean by "the management" being sorted out. Mozilla's
>community governance system is the module ownership system; bienvenu and
>standard8 are the current Thunderbird module owners. If they want to
>change that, they can. But I've not seen concrete alternative governance
>arrangements proposed.
>
>Gerv

I'd really like a wiki page listing all the community members for TB we have available and their roles, starting from the management, coders, reviewers, QA, anything.

Of course the list should be maintained by the management (or QA), but for the initial period I offer to create and maintain it. I just need a pointer where it should be done (wiki URL) and an initial dump of nicks/names to put there.

Of course there are the user profiles on the 'mozillians' site but I am not sure how easily navigable that is to casual visitors. I imagine the URL to the list could be dropped into IRC channel or bug comment if somebody needs to see the roles. E.g. a commenter questioning if a bug was WONTFIXED by a member with proper authorization (role) or myself looking for a person able to do code in, say, S/MIME (but not the peer/owner).

aceman