Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:43:15 UTC 2012

>> Od: "Magnus Melin" <mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi>
>> Komu: <tb-planning at mozilla.org>
>> Dátum: 05.10.2012 08:13
>> Predmet: Re: Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"

>>> That seems to pretty severely handicap the future of Thunderbird, as we are
>>> prevented from doing with money that we raise ourselves precisely what Mozilla
>>> used to do but pulled the funding for.
>> Exactly!
>>
>>   -Magnus
> Then the money should be collected outside of Mozilla and then we can do anything with it and Mozilla can't interfere :)
Kent and me discussed this approach briefly with Mitchel on MozCamp, but it is
tricky... My personal feeling is that Tb needs an "Outside" business leader in order
to bring it forward.

In my personal opinion, with the stated mission (Focus on Fx OS), having somebody from
Mozilla Internal leading it is not in Thunderbird's best interest. At the moment it
feels like we are just in "waiting" mode...

Axel

--
*Axel Grude* [T]
Software Developer