Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:36:34 UTC 2012

*To: *"tb-planning"<tb-planning at mozilla.org>
*From: *"Kent James"<kent at caspia.com>
*Sent: *Thursday, 04/10/12 21:27:51 21:27 GMT Daylight Time {GMT DT} +0100 [Week 40]
*Subject:*Re: Generating revenue for TB and "What do we need money for"
> On 10/4/2012 1:17 PM, Mike Conley wrote:
>> the money cannot be used to hire or contract additional developers.
> That seems to pretty severely handicap the future of Thunderbird, as we are
> prevented from doing with money that we raise ourselves precisely what Mozilla used
> to do but pulled the funding for.
exactly what I am thinking as well. If the onlyh other choice is to trickle it back to
MoFo, can we rather keep the money in a fund until we have sorted the management
issues? As long as management is not sorted out, I think it is rather pointless
talking about distributing moneys...

Axel

--
*Axel Grude* [T]