Changing the time/frequency of the Status Meeting

Mark Banner mbanner at mozilla.com
Fri Nov 30 19:53:28 UTC 2012

On 30/11/2012 18:34, ace wrote:
> No Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays? Nothing after 22:00 ?
>   :(
Fridays are often taken as part of a long weekend for most people, or
are the time when people are "shutting down" and going out, so I didn't
think it was really reasonable.

Similar with Saturdays and Sundays, although I didn't put them up, I'm
pretty sure you won't get most people over the weekend (for instance, I
wouldn't do a meeting at the weekend regardless of my
employment/volunteer state).
Likewise with 22:00 - for most people in Europe, that's getting late,
and as we've got people in even earlier timezones it could be seen as
late enough already.

It is always a balancing act getting the timing right for meetings, I've
tried to aim for the main slots where I think we can reasonably fit most
of the contributors, whilst not having too many slots on the grid. If we
need to revisit that range we can do, but I can already see compromises
being necessary in the list we have so far (even with extending the range).

Mark.