Changing the time/frequency of the Status Meeting

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Nov 29 17:52:59 UTC 2012

On 11/29/2012 2:36 AM, Mark Banner wrote:
> As mentioned, we're suggesting that we change the time and frequency
> of the status meeting.
>
> .. Secondly, the frequency of the meeting.
>
> I think there's a few options here.
>
>   * Keep it weekly
>   * Fortnightly
>   * Every Three weeks

This question is intimately associated with the question of the content
of the meeting which I discussed in my other post.

If the point of the meeting is to discuss release preparation, I would
say that you should just do that in the drivers meeting. Perhaps then we
don't need status meetings at all.

If the meetings are trying to accomplish some progress in big-picture
issues, as I suggested in my other post, then I would suggest every 2
weeks as the rate.

:rkent